CBD has become ubiquitous. You can find them everywhere, from chocolates to clothing. The buzzy component has not gone back, taking over the beauty and skincare world. You can find a range of CBD products, from serums and sunscreens to cleansers and lotions.
According to a recent study from Market Watch, the global market of CBD cosmetics has reached an estimated value above $580 million, and by 2025, the numbers are expected to double. And you can see from this that the CBD fad is not going to fade anytime soon.
If you want to join the CBD bandwagon, it is better to do it soon as CBD skin care is sky-rocketing.
What is CBD?
Before jumping into the depths of CBD skincare, let us briefly take a look at what CBD is. CBD, abbreviated as Cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring active compound found in Cannabis plants such as Hemp and marijuana. The CBD is non-psychoactive, unlike its psychoactive sibling THC. CBD acts on the human body’s endocannabinoid system and alleviates various ailments,
including anxiety, chronic inflammation and pain, insomnia and more. Though researches on CBD Benefits are highly limited, it is safe to use them as topical.
What does science say about CBD skincare?
The therapeutic benefits of CBD have been in existence for years, but the skincare science is new. Though CBD is known to be an excellent antioxidant, what exactly makes it a potent ingredient of the latest skincare products? We have seen earlier that our body has an endocannabinoid system that controls the body’s healthy functions. It is also responsible for healthy and glowing skin and a balanced state. The CBD products improve the balance state of your body, including the skin. The primary root cause of all the problems is an imbalance, which CBD helps to restore. CBD skin care products help to reduce various skin conditions, which are as follows:
- Acne: CBD doesn’t act as a cure for acne as acne is a hormone-related problem. Instead, CBD skin care products help in fighting symptoms of acne by reducing the production of Sebum. It reduces excessive inflammation, swelling and redness of acne.
- Inflammation: CBD fights inflammation powerfully, which means CBD fights many skin issues such as eczema, rosacea, and psoriasis.
- Itching: some researches show that CBD products can minimize itching and blocks the itching sensation. It also is proven to be effective against chronic and treatment-resistant itching.
- Scarring: CBD skin products show healing and soothing effects against skin scars. The world health organization accounted for CBD products safe for all types of skin.
How does CBD skin products work?
The antioxidant property of CBD products offers profound benefits to treat various skin concerns such as dryness, inflammation and free radical damage. The primary method of action is through the endocannabinoid system’s receptors, while some researchers have discovered other modes of action. The outer layer, i.e., the skin’s epidermis, possesses a dense network of CB1 and CB2 receptors. The CBD in skincare products reacts with the skin’s receptors and results in balancing the skin.
Are CBD skin care products legal?
In accordance with the 2018 Farm Bill, cannabinoids extracted from industrial Hemp with less than 0.3 percent of THC are legal. Topical application skin CBD products are strictly safe compared to chewable. Make sure that the source of CBD is not marijuana instead of Hemp. Only hemp-derived CBD has less THC concentration, while in marijuana, the concentration of
THC is high.
Benefits of CBD skin care products
We have seen some benefits of Skincare CBD products earlier; in this section, let us address a few more.
- ● Regulates production of oil: CBD products reduce oil production by regulating hormones resulting in excessive production of Sebum
● It calms skin conditions such as rosacea by minimizing flare-ups.
- ● Free radicals are highly reactive atoms or molecules with unpaired electrons with the potential to damage various parts of a cell, including proteins, DNA, and cell membranes. CBD products balance the free radicals and minimize their ability to damage cells.
● CBD is an effective adaptogen, and it reduces the effects of hormones and compounds such as kinase, nitric oxide and cortisol in times of stress.
● CBD products hydrate your skin and help combat dryness and dehydration.
How to use CBD skin care products?
The procedure of usage depends on the product you are using. Most CBD skincare products are in the form of serums or oils. You can use it as you would typically use a serum just by layering it on your skin. If you have serum and creams, start with the thinnest product. First, apply a layer of serum and then use the cream. Read the label carefully to see whether the CBD product is right for you before buying.
How to choose the right CBD skincare product that suits you?
All the Cannabidiol-infused products are made using three forms of CBD extract- full-spectrum CBD oil, broad-spectrum CBD oil or CBD isolate. The full-spectrum oil constitutes everything that is part of Hemp, which means it has a trace amount of THC. On the other hand, the broad-spectrum CBD comprises a range of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids extracted from
Hemp, but it doesn’t include THC. Apart from the oils, the CBD isolates are the purest forms of CBD, which doesn’t contain any compound from the Hemp plant. CBD isolate works the best for skincare products as it is pure and doesn’t clog skin pores. The isolate form of CBD is power-packed with rejuvenating antioxidants. Look for products with” ” CBD isolate” on the label.
Balance CBD daily body lotion
The daily body lotion from Verlota has the best blend of CBD hemp, aloe barbadensis leaf, vitamin D and essential oils to repair and revitalize your skin. The directly sourced CBD isolate supports skin hydration and helps affected areas such as hands, feet and elbows to fight dehydration and damage.
The growth of the CBD skincare market is exponential, and this is the best time to get your hands on some of the best CBD products from online stores.