Yoga is an ancient practice that is designed for everyone who wants to have a healthy body, calm mind, and a happy lifestyle. Yoga is packed with a lot of benefits to help you get rid of day-to-day stress and keep the ailments at bay.
To avail of the health benefits, one needs to start practicing this magical art of healthcare and wellbeing. Yoga seems to be a complex practice for a beginner, but with these yoga poses you can surely become a regular on the mat.
- Stand straight on the floor with your legs slightly apart and hands hanging beside the body.
- Now take a deep breath and raise your body upwards and come to your toes.
- At the same time, raise your hands upwards above the head and join them together in a prayer pose.
- Make sure your body weight is balanced on the toes. Keep the body straight and hold the pose for 20-30 seconds.
- Stand straight on the floor with your legs slightly apart and keep your hands beside the body.
- Now, slightly bend your left knee and then lift it and place the sole of the left knee on the right inner thigh.
- Now raise your hands upwards above the head and bring them together in Namaste position.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds. Release and repeat with the other leg.
Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Position the body on your fours. Now breathe in and lift your hips, straighten your back, legs, knees, and elbows, to ensure the body forms an inverted-V.
- Align your hips and feet, shoulders and hands. Keep your head in between the hands and let your ears touch the inner-upper arms.
- Turn your gaze towards the navel and hold the pose for 30 seconds.
Chakravakasana (Cat-Cow Stretch)
- Start with being on four limbs. Keep your arms perpendicular to the floor.
- Your hands should be placed flat below the shoulders and knees hip-width apart.
- Now inhale and lift your chin. Move your head backward and then push the abdomen downward. Raise your hips. Let your back form an arch.
- Now exhale and drop your head and back down. Lift up your back as your back forms a round shape.
- Move between these two poses for a minute.
- Strand straight on the floor with your legs about 3-4 feet apart.
- Now move your right foot outside to form a 90-degree angle and left foot placed at 15-degree angle.
- Take a deep breath and as you exhale bend, down your torso towards the right, keeping the waist straight.
- Keep your right-hand flat on the floor beside the feet, and your left hand should be in the air. Both hands should form a straight line.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds. Release and repeat on the other side.
- Stand on your knees on the floor with an erect spine, hands beside the body and feet together.
- Now pull your body downward, and sit on your hips. Make sure your hips are placed on the heels.
- Take a deep breath and raise your hands upward. As you exhale, fold your torso forward from the hips and let your chest rest between the knees.
- Keep your head on the floor. Hands should be stretch forward above the head. Hold the pose for 1-2 minutes.
- Stand straight on the floor with legs 3-4 feet apart. Let the right foot be in front of the left.
- Now move your right foot outward to form a 90-degree angle and left one by 15-degree.
- The heel of the right foot should be aligned with the left foot center. Then lift your hands upward above the head with the palms facing each other.
- Now exhale and bend the right knee to align the knee and ankle. Fix your gaze forward.
- Hold the pose for a minute, release, and repeat on the other side.
- To perform the pose, you need to simply follow the first two steps of the Virabhadrasana 1.
- Now bring the hands down up to the shoulder level and parallel to the floor.
- Next, turn your gaze towards the right. Hold the pose for a minute. Release and repeat on the other side.
- Sit in dandasana Now take a deep breath and raise your hands upwards above the head.
- Now exhale and bend your torso forward, folding from the hip joints. Hold your feet with the hands.
- Make sure your forehead touches the knees or legs. Hold the pose for 30-60 seconds.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
- Lie flat on the floor with the hands beside the body and legs hip-width apart.
- Now bend your knees such that your feet are placed flat on the floor. Make sure to align your knees and ankles.
- Now slide your hands underneath your back and then take a deep breath and lift your back off the floor.
- Let your chin touch the chest, and your shoulders, arms, and feet support the body weight. Hold the pose for 30-60 seconds.
End the session in Savasana and get ready to experience beautiful transformations in your body, thoughts, and life.
Manmohan Singh is a passionate Yogi, Yoga Teacher and a Traveller in India. He provides Yoga Teacher Training in India. He loves writing and reading books related to yoga, health, nature and the Himalayas.